Dear Gettysburg Area School District Families:
We hope that you and your family had a relaxing summer. As we begin to welcome students back with the start of the 2020-2021 school year, we are providing important health and safety information and resources linked throughout the message below. It’s important to read over this information both thoroughly and carefully.
The Gettysburg Area School District Health Services team assembled this important presentation for families to review.
Please take a moment to watch this video in collaboration with Gettysburg Pediatrics. It provides insightful information on how to remain healthy throughout the school year.
- Face coverings are required to be worn properly at all times.
- Recommended face coverings are defined by the CDC.
- Face coverings do not have to be worn:
- while eating or drinking when spaced at least 6 feet apart; or
- when wearing a face covering creates an unsafe condition in which to operate equipment or execute a task; or
- at least 6 feet apart during “face-covering breaks” to last no longer than 10 minutes; or
- with a documented exception permissible by law.
Daily COVID-19 Screening Process
- In order to ensure students arrive at school healthy, parents/guardians are required to perform a daily COVID-19 screening process prior to children arriving at school or accessing district transportation.
- Please save this screening tool (in Spanish) to your phone or computer for easy access.
- Any visitor to the schools must have an appointment, with appointments being scheduled to keep with the social distancing practice and to eliminate as much close contact as possible.
- Parents/guardians who are picking up a child or children will be asked to wait outside or in the vestibule after buzzing in. School staff will verify the authenticity of the person picking up the child or children. Parents/guardians should only enter the building with a scheduled appointment.
- Meetings are to be conducted virtually when possible. If a meeting needs to be held in person, the number of people is limited to less than 25.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- It is highly encouraged to continue to communicate through phone, Zoom or email and limiting the number of in-person contacts.
- We will be limiting the number of visitors to the buildings. However, any visitor must screen upon arrival and must wear a face covering at all times when at a GASD facility.
- Visitors should sanitize their hands upon entry.
The latest information regarding the reopening of school and COVID-19 can be found on our website www.gettysburg.k12.pa.
In closing, we thank you for your patience, understanding, and support as we continue to face new challenges on a regular basis. Should you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to your child’s school directly.
Andrew P. Robinson