Welcome to Gettysburg Warriors Athletics
GASD / Wellspan Summer Sports Physical Information
FALL ATHLETES ONLY
- Wellspan will be offering sports physicals this summer on July 28, 2020. These will be held at Gettysburg Area High School from 3:00 - 7:00 PM. There will be a very limited number of slots available during these physicals so we are offering them for FALL sports athletes only.
- You MUST sign-up prior to attending - click HERE to sign up (https://www.myconferencetime.
- Sign-ups open on July 1, 2020.
- The GASD and PIAA required paperwork MUST be filled out prior to attending the summer physicals. The doctors at the summer physicals will fill in Section 6.
- You can find the GASD and PIAA required paperwork below or click HERE.
- There will be protocols in place for the sports physicals at the High School that must be followed. Please see the information HERE and below:
- Our training staff will be following Wellspan Covid-19 guidelines during these sports physicals. For more information click HERE.
- We are asking that all fall sports physicals are turned in by August 3, 2020, so that our training staff has time to process these items.
- You can drop the GASD paperwork and physical forms off at the High School office Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates for Athletics
- GASD Athletics Reopening Plan for July 1, 2020 to August 17, 2020
- The NCAA Eligibility Center has a Question and Answer sheet for incoming and prospective student-athletes. Be sure to check it out if you are planning on playing collegiate sports
Welcome to the Gettysburg School District Athletic Department Website. We hope that this site will help to provide information that will benefit student-athletes, parents, and fans. Our site will also provide helpful links such as our Athletic Training site, Student-Athlete and College Recruiting site, and links to the PIAA and NFHS. Thank you for visiting and we hope that your experience with our athletic department is a positive one.
Click HERE for PIAA Sports Physical Packet
Click HERE for Recertification Form
All athletes who are planning on trying out for a team MUST have a sports physical dated after June 1st on the PIAA form. You may print this form and take it to your physician. Wellspan also offers $15 sports physicals at the Urgent Care in Gettysburg. These forms must be turned in to the Athletic Office before your student is allowed to participate. We ask that you turn them in by February 24th so that our training staff has time to process these items. Bringing them in on the first day of practice may require that your student waits to practice until their form is processed. You can drop these forms off at the High School office Monday - Thursday 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
If your student-athlete played in a fall or winter sport, they need to turn in a Re-certification form. **This form cannot be filled out until their winter season is over.** We ask that you turn the recertification in by February 24th so that our training staff has time to process it.
Follow us on Social Media!
*Per GASD Policy 712.1 - No animal in the care, custody or control of any person shall be permitted on school property*
Please do not bring animals to athletic events unless they are certified service animals.
Want text alerts or email updates with schedule changes?
Sign up by sending the text @gahssch to the number 81010 or visiting remind.com/join/gahssch