GASD Online Learners:
- Students in 9-12 will use the learning platform Canvas for their learning experiences.
- Check in with their grade-level adviser through Canvas either in the morning (7:05 to 7:35 AM) OR the afternoon (2:35 to 3:05 PM). These advisors can serve as liaisons to the school for our online learners.
- Participate in all courses each day Monday through Friday for a minimum of 4 hours (240 minutes) each 24 hour period M-F (12:00 am - 11:59 pm)
- Complete a variety of asynchronous learning activities -such as, but not limited to - discussion posts, assignments, assessments, other online or offline activities
- Participate in synchronous sessions as scheduled by individual teachers or requested by students
- Check Canvas daily and reply to teacher communications within 24 hours (M-F)
- Communicate questions or concerns with the teacher via Canvas Inbox or Gmail (if using Gmail, check for responses daily).
- Students may be marked absent for failing to complete the daily assigned tasks outlined above.
- Students in 9-12 are expected to be physically present for all scheduled courses on assigned face-to-face learning days. Students will use the learning platform Canvas for their learning experiences on remote learning days.
- Attendance will be taken each class period to account for students scheduled for face-to-face learning.
- Students will check in daily and complete assigned tasks on Canvas in a timely manner, as directed by the teacher.
- Students may be marked absent for failing to complete the daily assigned tasks on remote learning days.
Parents/Guardians should provide an excuse when a student is unable to attend school (physically or remotely) as expected. It is preferred that these notes are submitted electronically through Skyward when possible. Here is a LINK to directions for this process.