24/7 Chromebook/Laptop Program
Gettysburg Area School District is pleased to offer Chromebooks/laptops through a 24/7 computing initiative. This initiative provides students and their families a valuable tool that will give them access to a variety of positive resources available in our technology-driven society. With this technology comes increased student responsibility and expectations.
The primary mission of the 24/7 Chromebook/Laptop Program is to transform teaching, learning, and assessment at Gettysburg Area School District. A new generation of students expects a learning environment that integrates today's digital tools, accommodates a mobile lifestyle, adapts to individual learning styles, and encourages collaboration and teamwork. The GASD School Board, along with the Staff and Administrators of Gettysburg Area School District, is pleased to support this educational opportunity for all students which will strive to meet these expectations and prepare students for their future.
Through the use of technology, the 24/7 Laptop Program will focus on improving student engagement, achievement, and acquisition of digital age skills. (from the National Educational Technology Standards) including:
- Creativity and innovation
- Communication and collaboration
- Research and information fluency
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making
- Technology operations and concepts
- Enhance teacher instruction and student learning in the following ways:
- Increase student achievement
- Increase student engagement
- Increase academic rigor
- Increase student attendance
- Increase student interest in school
- Increase personal responsibility
- Increase student accountability in the learning process
- Make an accessible learning tool available 24/7
- Improve teaching methods
- Revise the current educational curriculum
- Differentiated instruction in the classroom using technology to facilitate the classroom structure and, when applicable, instruction
- To“level the playing field” allowing equal access to technology for all our student population
- Provide students, families, and the community with a variety of positive resources and programs in GASD.
- Build a bridge between the school and community by producing graduates who will be prepared to serve the community through lifelong learning.