Gettysburg Area Education Foundation (GAEF) Innovation and Challenge Grants are intended to encourage classroom innovation and/or help solve funding challenges that are outside the regular annual building or department budget. They are NOT intended to supplant or replace funds currently built into building, department or extracurricular activity budgets.
GAEF Innovation and Challenge Grants requests must directly benefit student achievement and/or student wellness. Multiple classroom partnerships as well as community partnerships are encouraged.
- Grants may not fund wages or supplement salaries.
- Staff travel and/or conference expenses will only be funded if staff is accompanying students.
- Grant submissions must be followed by an EMail of support from Dr. Christine Lay, Assistant Superintendent and the building administrator. Submissions incorporating technology must also include an EMail of support from Ann Baum, Instructional Technology Director. The support EMails must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received BEFORE the application window closes.
- All awards will be distributed to the GASD Business Office and deposited into the appropriate GASD budget account(s).
- All funds awarded must be expended by the end of the semester unless other arrangements are approved.
- The online final report must be submitted by June 2, 2023 unless other arrangements are made.
The final report must be submitted before the applicant(s) may apply for another GAEF Innovation and Challenge Grant.
Complete the online application at https://tinyurl.com/GAEFSpring23Grant. For your convenience, the application is designed to be saved and completed later. Please send questions or concerns to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM December 31, 2022.