- K-12 Enrollment Total: 3,146 Students
- James Gettys Elementary School: 435 Students
- Franklin Township Elementary School: 373 Students
- Lincoln Elementary School: 455 Students
- Gettysburg Area Middle School: 751 Students
- Gettysburg Area High School: 1,117 Students
- There are 15 students placed out of district that we report, as they are in private settings, not at other school districts.
Average Daily Attendance
Enrollment: 3,070 | Average: 2,927.89 (2016-2017)
401 faculty and staff
- Under five years - 35 | Over 20 years - 80
- Bachelors 34% - Masters 65% - Doctorate 1%
SAT: The total mean score (2017-2018) is 1105. the ERW average is 552 and the math average is 553. There were 151 test takers. The state average for the SAT was 1114.
AP: The total number of students (2016-2017) was 183 and the total number of exams was 340. The total number of scores 3 or above is 245, which equates to about 72%. The state average for the AP exams was 67% that score a three or above.
ACT: Coming soon.
AP classes offered at Gettysburg Area High School: English Language/Composition, English Literature/Composition, Chemistry, Biology, Physics C Mechanics, Psychology, World History, United States History, Spanish Language/Culture, United States Government & Politics, Calculus AB and BC, Computer Science Principles, Statistics, Studio Art--2-D, 3-D and Drawing.
For the 2016-2017 school year, the district served a total of 83,387 breakfasts. The district served a total of 310,923 lunches. Additionally, 18,958 afterschool snacks were served.
Transportation (Feb. 2018)
There are 3,429 students in the transportation program.
- 3,021 students are assigned to a bus /van
- 2,675 students are Public School Students
- 124 students attend non-public schools
- 164 students attend Gettysburg Montessori or Vida Charter Schools
- 58 Students are transported to Special Classes (IU)
- 408 non-riders
We transport students on:
- 38 School Buses (48 to 81 passenger)
- 47 vans (6-9 passenger)
- 6 Handicapped Accessible Vans
Currently we are traveling approximately 8,109 miles per day, which is approximately the equivalent of driving around the country as shown on the map below.