Gettysburg Area Education Foundation
"Supporting Quality Education"
The mission of the Gettysburg Area Education Foundation is to
enhance student educational, social and cultural experiences through community support
Who Are We
Interim Director: Todd Orner
2020 Board Of Directors
President: Todd Orner
Vice President: Vacant
Secretary: Therese Provoznik
Treasurer: Belinda Wallen (GASD Business Manager)
Members: Dr. Jason Perrin (GASD Superintendent)
Kenneth Hassinger (GASD School Board Representative)
Is registered as a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and is governed by a Board of Directors. The Foundation functions as an independent entity of the District with a joint goal of providing a great place to learn.
The mission of the Gettysburg Area Education Foundation is to enhance student educational, social, and cultural experiences through community support.
Gettysburg Area Education Foundation partners with the Gettysburg Area School District and the community to ensure quality educational experiences.
GAEF Core Values
The work of the Gettysburg Area Education Foundation is rooted in these beliefs:
- Investment in today’s children is an investment in the future
- All students should have access to the resources they require to meet their potential
- Our community recognizes the value of educational experiences
- As a foundation we have a unique opportunity to engage our community
- Our role is to support, not supplant, district services
- Our school district employees are committed to quality
- We have an obligation for responsible stewardship of the funds and resources entrusted to us
Four Goals of GAEF
Goal 1. Enhance student academic, cultural and social experiences.
Goal 2. Support the health, safety and wellbeing of students.
Goal 3. Support access to out-of-school educational opportunities
Goal 4. Maintain GAEF as a strong and viable organization