HACC CHS Application Procedures/Information
- If you have never taken a HACC CHS course, you must first apply online at http://www.hacc.edu (“APPLY NOW” at the top of your screen. You must choose “HS Student” after you have completed your profile in order to proceed). Click on this link for a video of how to complete your HACC application.
- After you have submitted your application, please complete the Dual Enrollment Registration (pdf) and Signature Page (pdf) forms and submit them to the Counseling Center.
- If you have already taken a HACC CHS course, you just need to complete the “Dual Enrollment Registration” form and submit it to the Counseling Center.
- Your online HACC application (if applicable), Signature (pdf) page (if applicable), and Dual Enrollment Registration (pdf) page (all HACC CHS students) must be submitted. The Counseling Center will forward your transcript directly to HACC.
- Copies of the “Dual Enrollment Registration” and “Signature” forms are available in the Counseling Center
- Placement testing is required for any student taking ENGL 101, CIS 105, BIOL 121 and MGMT 201. Seniors with a GPA of 3.0 or higher will not need placement testing. Also, juniors/seniors that took PSAT and have a Reading score of 450 or higher or SAT with a Reading score of 480 or higher will not need placement testing. All other students will be contacted by HACC.
- ***A SAT score of 480 or higher Critical Reading or 590 Math exempts you from placement testing in that subject area.
- Sara Maines will have Zoom Meeting drop-in office hours. Below are the dates/times that she will be holding those sessions. The link and meeting ID number is also included below.
Wednesday, September 9th 4-6 pm
Friday, September 11th 11 am - 1 pm
Wednesday, September 16th 3-5 pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 983 3590 3629
You are welcome to contact Sara at any time if you have specific questions. Her contact information is below:
Sara Maines, HACC Admissions Counselor
- If you qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch, you may be eligible to receive a $225 credit per term. To receive the credit you must complete the EITC (pdf) form and submit it to the Counseling Center. EITC funds are distributed on a first come first serve basis.
ENGL 101* – English Comp I (3 credits)(reading & writing testing)
BIOL 121* – Anatomy & Physiology I (4 credits) (reading testing, must complete high school biology and chemistry
ENGL 102 - English Comp II (3 credits) (complete English 101)
(Reading and math testing, college-level reading and intermediate algebra math testing through Math 010)
CIS 105* – Intro to Software for Business (3 credits)/CIS 108 – Intro to Powerpoint (1 credit)
(reading & writing testing, place at the college level)
HLTH 101 – Healthful Living (3 credits)
MGMT201*- Principles of Management (online) (reading testing)
*requires placement testing (for English, Biology and Management courses, seniors that have a GPA of 3.0 or higher will not need placement testing or if your PSAT Reading score is 450 or higher or SAT Reading score is 480 or higher results meet HACC requirements. All other students will be contacted by HACC if placement testing is required.)