I decided that I want to go to college...now what??!
Applying to College
1. The application process should begin at the end of September or beginning of October. Early admission applicants should begin sooner.
- Complete your college application online or by paper.
- Fill out college application checklist for each college where you apply that is not Common Application (Checklist is on the guidance office or on the Common App website.)
- If applying by Common Application www.commonapp.org please include your counselor's e-mail.
Anna Palmer -- firstname.lastname@example.org
Leigh Walton -- email@example.com
Beth Polk -- firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Teacher recommendations are uploaded to the common application site. All GHS e-mails are the teacher/advisor first name initial and last name followed by @gasd-pa.org
3. Log on to your Parchment account for all transcript requests. A file is kept for each student logging when transcripts are requested and sent.
*If you receive an e-mail from a college stating they do not have a transcript please visit the Counseling Center. We can give you the date it was uploaded and received and your counselor can follow-up with the college to be sure the information has been received.
NCAA Clearinghouse (for Athletes) www.ncaa.clearinghouse.net
College Planning Help:
You may use up to three (3) days for college visits. In order to have these days marked as college visits, you will need to bring a signed note from the college you visited. Return notes to the main office.
College Representative Visits
College representatives will be visiting the Counseling Center on the following dates. Please stop by to visit during the time indicated. If you are interested in visiting, please stop by the Counseling Center on the morning of the visit for a pass.
College Open House Schedule
The following colleges and universities will be having an open house on their campus. Please visit the college's individual website for more information.