Nancy Herb, Principal
(717) 334-6254, option 3, ext. 5161
Attention all tsa Students - the technology student association will meet this friday afternoon from 2:40 until 5:00 in mr. kosticks room - 136. – remember there are only 32 meetings before our regional competition on february 3rd, 2018
There is an exciting opportunity for students in all grades to be a part of the PRIDE 5 Student Team. Team members help to make GAMS a better place by helping with PRIDE 5 events, providing feedback about PRIDE 5 rewards, and welcoming new students to GAMS as new student ambassadors. The PRIDE 5 Student Team meets every other Wednesday before school in Mrs. Rudisill's health room. Applications can be found in the Guidance Office.
Who will be the 2017-2018 GAMS National Geographic Bee champion? It could be you! – the Geography club is starting after school with Mrs. Thomas and Mrs. Briant, and new members from all grades are welcome! - If you like learning about the world around you and want to build and test your knowledge of people, places, and animals around the world, we would love to have you to join us. The club will be practicing for and competing in the National Geographic geography bee in January. The winner could go on to state and even national competitions. The first practice will be held after school on Tuesday, September 26th in Mrs. Thomas’s room (room 117) until 3:15. If you cannot make the first practice but are interested in joining, please see Mrs. Thomas or Mrs. Briant.THE GAMS FLY FISHING CLUB WILL BE MEETING AGAIN THIS FALL. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN LEARNING TO CAST A FLY ROD, TIE FLIES, OR JUST LEARN MORE ABOUT FLY FISHING, COME JOIN US! YOU MUST HAVE A PERMISSION SLIP SIGNED BEFORE YOU ATTEND, SO PICK ONE UP AT LUNCH, OR SEE MR. KLINGLER IN ROOM 105. OUR FIRST MEETING IS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th FROM 2:45 - 4:00. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Student Council will be forming this week. Your homeroom teacher will either select or hold an election before Friday, September 22nd. If you are interested, let your homeroom teacher know or see Mrs. Sanders in Room 114 or Mr. Allinger in Room 213. The first meeting of the new council will be Tuesday, October 3rd after school until 3:30 PM. Look around for flyers!!
THE GAMS FLY FISHING CLUB WILL BE MEETING AGAIN THIS FALL. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN LEARNING TO CAST A FLY ROD, TIE FLIES, OR JUST LEARN MORE ABOUT FLY FISHING, COME JOIN US! YOU MUST HAVE A PERMISSION SLIP SIGNED BEFORE YOU ATTEND, SO PICK ONE UP AT LUNCH, OR SEE MR. KLINGLER IN ROOM 105. OUR FIRST MEETING IS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th FROM 2:45 - 4:00. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!
Notes from the Office
1. All notes for absences, early dismissals, and bus passes go to the office in the morning upon arrival.
2. Every unexcused tardy after the third will result in a lunch detention. Students must be in homeroom by 7:25AM.
3. If anyone other than a parent or guardian will be picking up your child for an appointment during the school day, we need a note signed by the parent or guardian.
4. If you know your child will have an early dismissal PLEASE send a note to the office in the morning. This allows us to get the message out to all of your child’s teachers.
5. A written excuse must be turned in to the office within three days of an absence. After three days it will be considered unexcused.
6. If your student is absent from school for 10 or more days you will be required to provide physician’s documentation for all future absences or late entries.
7. Trip request forms are due 7 days in advance of the absence and can be found on the web site.
8. Please call the office with changes to your child’s after school routine by 2PM.
9. If your child is riding a bus home with another child, we need a note from both parties stating each parent’s approval. If you need to e-mail a note, please do so by 10AM so we can give the passes out at lunch. firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Support the Gettysburg Area Education Foundation when you shop on Amazon. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to GAEF when our charitable organizations is selected by you!
Which items are eligible for the 0.5% donation? Any item sold on the AmazonSmile Site which is marked "Eligible for AmazonSmile donation" on the relevant item detail page.
Help us spread the word and begin using this link today: GAEF Amazon Smiles
Also Read: GAMS students perform service in community
The Gettysburg Area School District has agreed to partner with CommunityAid, a non-profit organization with a mission to help those most vulnerable in our local communities.
All proceeds earned from the bins on our campuses will be earmarked for the Ruth's Harvest and Franklin Friends weekend meals programs in the District. The District will receive a monthly donation, based on the amount of clothing items collected in the bins. Additionally, our needy students will be eligible to receive clothing care cards to shop at their Hanover or Mechanicsburg stores.
This is an easy way for your used (and clean) clothes to be converted to cash and support our students. Last year we had 230 students in Ruth's Harvest and 51 students in Franklin Friends programs.
Please consider making a clothing donation! (If you have more donations than will fit in the bin - we can make special arrangements with the CommunityAid organization so the District receives the financial credit.